E-School’s Summer online program offers a variety of rigorous courses in Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Health, and Fine Arts. Classes are open to Hawai’i resident high school students (including incoming 9th graders for the 2017-2018 school year). Students not enrolled in a Hawaii DOE public or charter school should verify with your primary school that credits earned through E-School will be accepted.
Online Registration Begins: Monday, May 8 at 8:00 a.m.
Online Registration Ends: Friday, May 19 at 8:00 a.m.
Parents must register their child online for summer school courses. Due to the accelerated nature of E-School courses, students can only sign up for a maximum of two classes.
COST: $95.00 per .5 credit (1 semester course)
SUMMER 2017 COURSE DATES: June 1, 2016 - July 14, 2016
Due to the high volume of registrations last year, this website crashed. To avoid this occurring again, please do not go to this site (eschool.k12.hi.us) on the day of registration.
Instead, copy the url below and bookmark it in your browser prior to the day of registration. Go directly to the registration site to enroll in classes on May 8, 2017.
REGISTRATION SITE: https://hvlnreg.k12.hi.us/summer/
To complete the registration process:
- Print out the registration form.
- Student and parent must sign the registration form.
- Make check payable to Hawaii Department of Education.
- Mail or drop off form and payment to:
475 22nd Avenue, Room 202
Honolulu, HI 96816
- Payment must be received within 5 business days of the date of registration or enrollment will be cancelled.
- Students are not registered until payment is received.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation, please check your spam/trash folders.
REFUND POLICY FOR E-SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL:
- Students receive 100% refund up to June 7.
- No refund will be given after June 7.
- No refund and no credit/grade will be given for any student who is dismissed from summer school.
- Waiting lists are established for courses that reach maximum enrollment. You will be notified through email if a space becomes available.
MANDATORY STUDENT ORIENTATION
- Students NEW to E-School must pass an online mandatory student orientation course with a score of 52 or higher. If this requirement is not completed by the specified deadline, prior to the start of summer school, the student will be dropped.
- Students are expected to login every day of the session. One summer school day is equivalent to one week of regular school. Excessive absences will lead to disciplinary action, which may include reduction in course grade, not earning course credit, and/or release from summer program without refund.
- All regular DOE Chapter 19 and E-School rules apply. In addition, regulations from the Department of Education Chapter 19 - subchapter 3, STUDENT MISCONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE IN SUMMER SCHOOL will be strictly enforced.
- In order to withdraw from an E-School course, parents must email the E-School Summer School office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following information must be included: student and parent first and last names, phone number, course name, and reason for withdrawal. Processing may be delayed if all information is not provided.
- Students withdrawing from E-School summer courses until June 7, 2017: may receive a full refund and no mark on transcript.
- Students withdrawing from June 8 - June 15, 2017: no refund and no mark on transcript.
- Students withdrawing from/after June 16 - July 7, 2017: no refund, will receive a "W" on their transcript.
- Deadline to withdraw is July 7, 2017.
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS: Contact Kammie Hayashibara at email@example.com