E-School’s Summer online program offers a variety of rigorous courses in Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Health, and Fine Arts. Classes are open to Hawai’i resident high school students (including incoming 9th graders for the 2017-2018 school year). Students not enrolled in a Hawaii DOE public or charter school should verify with your primary school that credits earned through E-School will be accepted.
For questions or concerns, please EMAIL: email@example.com
Summer School Staff
- Charles Souza, Director
- Kammie Hayashibara, Assistant Director
- Kristi Pang, Online Learning Support Coordinator
- Jennifer Sagucio, Online Learning Support Coordinator
- Ryan Ichimura, Payments / Refunds
Online Registration Begins: Monday, May 8 at 8:00 a.m.
Online Registration Ends: Friday, May 19 at 2:30 p.m.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Parents must register their child online for summer school courses. Due to the accelerated nature of E-School courses, students can only sign up for a maximum of two classes.
COST: $95.00 per .5 credit (1 semester course)
SUMMER 2017 DATES: June 1, 2017 - July 14, 2017, Classes will be available for students to access on June 1, 2017 at 8:00 a.m.
COURSE OFFERINGS: CLICK HERE FOR LIST OF CLASSES
Due to the high volume of registrations last year, this website crashed. To avoid this occurring again, please do not go to this site (eschool.k12.hi.us) on the day of registration.
Instead, copy the url below and bookmark it in your browser prior to the day of registration. Go directly to the registration site to enroll in classes on May 8, 2017. https://hvlnreg.k12.hi.us/summer/
ALL DOE AND CHARTER SCHOOL STUDENTS: In order to register, you must have your 10 digit Student ID Number. You can find this number on your report card or ask your school counselor for this information.
FORMER AND CURRENT E-SCHOOL STUDENTS (NOT NEW STUDENTS): Please have your Blackboard login username when you register. You will be asked to input this information during the enrollment process. If you do not have your username, please contact our HVLN Support center and submit a ticket: HVLN Tech Support.
Registration requires valid student and parent email addresses. Student and parent emails should be different. Recommendation is Gmail as it works well with our system. Please enter this information correctly or you will not receive the email confirmation.
In addition to the courses you will select, click on this link for information that is needed to register: Registration Form Information
After completing the online registration process:
- Print out the registration form.
- Student and parent must sign the registration form.
- Make check payable to Hawaii Department of Education.
- Mail or drop off form and payment to:
475 22nd Avenue, Room 202
Honolulu, HI 96816
- Payment must be received within 5 business days of the date of registration or enrollment will be cancelled.
- Students are not registered until payment is received.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation, please check your spam/trash folders.
- Do not submit payment for waitlisted courses.
REFUND POLICY FOR E-SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL:
- Students receive 100% refund up to June 7. Checks will not be mailed back. Instead, they will be destroyed.
- No refund will be given after June 7.
- No refund and no credit/grade will be given for any student who is dismissed from summer school.
- Waiting lists are established for courses that reach maximum enrollment. You will be notified through email if a space becomes available. Do NOT submit payment for waitlisted courses.
MANDATORY STUDENT ORIENTATION
- Students NEW to E-School must pass an online mandatory student orientation course with a score of 52 or higher. If this requirement is not completed by the specified deadline, prior to the start of summer school, the student will be dropped. You will receive the login and more information on this requirement after you complete registration.
- Students are expected to login every day of the session.
- One summer school day is equivalent to one week of regular school.
- E-School summer session is a compact, accelerated program. Excessive absences will lead to disciplinary action, which may include reduction in course grade, not earning course credit, and/or release from summer program without refund.
- If you are planning a summer vacation or trip, E-School may not be the platform for you. If you elect to enroll in E-School and are on a trip, you are still REQUIRED to log in every day to complete assignments. You will NOT be allowed extensions or make up time due to a trip or vacation.
- All DOE Chapter 19 and E-School rules apply. In addition, regulations from the Department of Education Chapter 19 - subchapter 3, STUDENT MISCONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE IN SUMMER SCHOOL will be strictly enforced.
PARENT OBSERVER ACCOUNT
- Undertaking an online course can be an exciting opportunity for students, but it may come with certain challenges. In order to help parents support their learners, we have observer accounts available which allow parents/ guardians to monitor progress at their convenience. If you are interested in obtaining an account, please contact Kristi Pang at Kristi_Pang@notes.k12.hi.us.
- In order to withdraw from an E-School course, parents must email the E-School Summer School office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following information must be included: student and parent first and last names, phone number, course name, and reason for withdrawal. Processing may be delayed if all information is not provided.
- If E-School does not receive an official request via email from the parent to withdraw from a course, the student will remain in E-School and receive the grade earned that will be reflected on the transcript.
- Students withdrawing from E-School summer courses until June 7, 2017: may receive a full refund and no mark on transcript.
- Students withdrawing from June 8 - June 15, 2017: no refund and no mark on transcript.
- Students withdrawing from June 16 - July 7, 2017: no refund, will receive a "W" on their transcript.
- Deadline to withdraw is July 7, 2017 at 2:30 p.m. No refund. Student will receive a "W" on their transcript.
Contact: Kammie Hayashibara at email@example.com
Summer School Staff
- Charles Souza: Director
- Kammie Hayashibara: Assistant Director
- Kristi Pang: Online Learning Support Coordinator
- Ryan Ichimura: Payments / Refunds