Qualifications for becoming an E-School instructor are as listed:
- State of Hawaii resident
- State of Hawaii teacher license
- HQT in course content area and grade level
- Successfully complete the Connect! professional development course (CT178661) or equivalent (equivalent training must be approved by E-School administration) or approval by HVLN Educational Specialist.
- Teachers may register for the Connect! course on the PDE3 website at https://pde3.k12.hi.us
- The is offered twice a year (Summer - July 1st start date, Winter - January 1st start date)
- $200 course fee
- Registration is usually available 2 months prior to the start date.
- D.O.E. classroom experience in teaching the course (desired but not required)