Requirements for Student Success
To be successful in an online course, students need to know how to use the computer. However, students need to have more than just a good set of digital skills and be able to cruise the internet. Students must also possess additional skills.
• Able to do word processing and understands how to use it.
• Knows how to use the Thesaurus and spell check.
• Can save a file, find them after they’re saved, and save them in different formats.
• Have an understanding of Internet technologies, such as search engines, browsers, browser plug-ins (PDF, QuickTime, Real Audio), html, and FTP.
• Self-motivation is the most important characteristic of the successful student.